- May 28, 2019
- Comments: 0
- Posted by: Kanak
We are in a constant search of finding easy ways to burn those extra calories, aren’t we? While there are so many ways to lose excess weight, right from heavy workouts, yoga, and Zumba to less-energy consuming things like massages and doing household chores, etc. Now it might come as a shock to you, but your body loses calories even while you are sleeping or relaxing. Massages for weight loss is something that intrigues people.There are reports that suggest that getting good massages from professionals can help you to burn some calories.
Does Massage Burn Calories?
Massages are beneficial in many ways. We will discuss what the other benefits are later in this article. Massages are good for relaxing the body, and it also helps in healing the injuries. There are many types of massages, and so it is vital to know which ones will be beneficial to burn calories. Let’s explore common massages below:
1. Swedish massage: One of the most popular massages is the Swedish massage. This is done with moderate pressure and is famous due to its stress relieving properties. A lot of times, it has been noted that high levels of stress can lead to overeating. So by reducing stress it helps maintain a healthy lifestyle. Apart from this, it also helps in loosening muscles and improving blood circulation.
2. Lymphatic massage: As the name suggests, lymphatic massage focuses on the lymph nodes in our body. This massage helps in getting rid of the toxins from our body. It also boosts immunity and increases metabolism. This massage can also help in losing the excess fluids from the body that can lead to the loss of water weight. However, it should be that this loss is temporary, and one needs to have a healthy diet and proper workout regimen for seeing more effective results.
3. Aromatherapy massage: Many people have liked this massage because it helps in cutting down the urges to binge eat. There are special oils used for doing this massage that consists of extracts from some fruits, flowers, and seeds having special ingredients. It also helps in reducing stress levels and provides with energy to start the workout regimen and proper diet. Apart from this, people have also observed that this massage helps in reducing pain in targeted areas and helps them to sleep better.
So these are the massages that can be helpful to burn some calories without sweating in the gym. There are many other advantages of getting a good massage such as:
- Increased blood circulation: It has been a proven fact that getting a massage can increase blood circulation in the body. It helps to get the blood to the tissues of the body and gets rid of the waste and toxins.This increased blood circulation helps in boosting up the metabolism of the body, which is beneficial for burning calories.
- Reduced stress and anxiety: Another striking advantage of getting a massage is that it helps reduce the levels of stress and anxiety. The massages are said to be therapeutic as they not only help in relaxing the body but also help in improving mood.There are a lot of studies that show that endorphins are released in our body while getting massages, which improve our mood.
- Getting rid of soreness in muscles: The most common reason for the people to get massages is the fact that it helps with cramps and soreness in the muscles. It relaxes the muscles and decreases the pain in the targeted areas.Massages are also great for toning muscles, which also helps in reducing the appearance of cellulite.
Some reports suggest that a 160-pound person can lose up to 67 calories while receiving an hour-long massage.These massages are helpful and work wonderfully if followed with a proper workout schedule and diet. Don’t expect your fat to disappear miraculously after getting a massage just once. Weight loss is a tedious process that takes time. Follow a healthy diet and do some physical activities to see more effective results of such weight loss massages.